On July 27, 2016, at 9:30 a.m., the Korean War Veterans Association will host an event commemorating the sixty-third anniversary of the signing of the Korean War Armistice. It will take place at the Korean War Veterans Memorial, located on Daniel French Drive in Washington, DC, and you are cordially invited to attend.
Participating in the ceremony will be:
- The Ambassador of the Republic of Korea, his Excellency Ambassador Ahn Ho-Young;
- The Deputy Superintendent of the National Mall and Memorial Parks, National Park Service, Ms. Gay Vietzke
- The Vice Minister of the Ministry of Defense, Republic of Korea, the Honorable Hwang In Moo;
- The President of the Korean War Veterans Association, President Tom Stevens;
- The Chairman of the Korean War Veterans Memorial Foundation, Colonel Bill Weber, U.S. Army, Retired;
- Major General Kyoung Soo Shin, Defense Attaché, Embassy of the Republic of Korea.
Representatives from 14 nations that provided military forces in support of the Korean War will also be present and recognized for their dedicated service and sacrifices during the war.
The primary mission of the KWVA is to raise awareness of numerous events that commemorate the history of the Korean War, not just among the American people, but also the Korean War veterans and their families themselves, many of whom remain unaware of these events that are frequently conducted in their honor at sites across the United States. Another important mission of the association is to assist and support the Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency (DPAA) in its efforts aimed at the repatriation of thousands of American servicemen, whose remains are still north of the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ).
of Contact: Fred Lash, Director of Communication, Korean War Veterans Association, 703-304-7665; firstname.lastname@example.org.
PRAY FOR NICE, FRANCE
"National Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Awareness Month"
Veteran Crisis Line 1 (800) 273-8255 press 1
Serve & Protect and Safe Call Now:
(615) 373 - 8000 24/7